Research Guidelines iBook
|Be patient when downloading. This iBook takes about 10 seconds to begin downloading.
|Click here to download the CEHS Library Research Guidelines iBook. This book has detailed information on things like:
- Topic selection
- Source selection and citation
- Avoiding plagiarism
- Note taking, paraphrasing and summarizing
- Using quotations
- Writing and revision help
- … and more!
The Research Process
Writing a research paper does not have to be stressful. Breaking down your work into several smaller steps and budgeting time will help you to write a better paper more efficiently.
Generally, the steps in writing a research paper are:
- Select a topic
- Find and evaluate sources
- Begin reading and taking notes
- Develop a working thesis
- Continue reading and taking notes
- Develop a working outline
- Prepare a first draft
- Prepare a final draft